A guy in the United Kingdom was taken aback when he discovered a metal screw in his KFC meal. According to Metro, the event occurred last week when Callum Feehan, 25, purchased a meal from a KFC location on Canterbury Street in Gillingham. He took a bunch of chips in his mouth after getting home and felt something metal, which turned out to be a fried screw. He said he ”might have fractured a tooth” if he bit on the screw.
”I bought the meal and came home. I’d literally put a handful of chips in my mouth and I could feel something rattling around in my mouth, and when I pulled it out it was a fried screw. I could have broken a tooth – thankfully I didn’t.” he said.
The IT Employee Phoned KFC but They Only Responded After He Threatened to Notify Environmental Health
The IT employee phoned KFC on X, but they only responded after he threatened to notify Environmental Health. He went on to say that they haven’t responded since he shared a photo of the metal thing.
“I wasn’t overly happy. I immediately contacted KFC on Twitter, or X now, and they completely ignored me for at least 48 hours.
They only responded when I threatened them with Environmental Health.
‘They asked for a photo and asked where it was purchased and said they’d get back to me. That was Sunday, but there’s been nothing since,” he said.
The customer was also dissatisfied with the company’s lack of reaction and responsibility.
”I go down to that KFC once or twice a week. I’ve had a few issues before but nothing major. It’s more concerning that they don’t seem to be concerned that I found it in my food. They’re not really taking what I told them seriously, which is what I’d expect from somewhere I go quite regularly.”
What the KFC Spokesperson said
‘We have strict processes in place to prevent any foreign objects from entering the food we serve. As a result, we take claims of this nature extremely seriously and can confirm our team is investigating as a matter of urgency. We are also in touch with Callum to keep him updated.”