US Woman Eats Contaminated Fish and Loses All Four Limbs

US Woman Eats Contaminated Fish and Loses All Four Limbs

In California, a woman has lost all four limbs in a horrific accident. According to her friends’ stories, she contracted a bacterial infection as a result of eating undercooked tilapia fish that had been tainted with a fatal strain of bacteria. According to the New York Post, Laura Barajas, 40-year-old mother, had the life-saving operation on Thursday following a months-long hospital stay.

“It’s just been really heavy on all of us. It’s terrible. This could’ve happened to any of us,” Ms Barajas’ friend Anna Messina told KRON.

Messina Claims Barajas Felt Ill After Eating Fish She Bought at A Local Market in San Jose and Prepared at Home

Messina claims Barajas felt ill after eating fish she bought at a local market in San Jose and prepared at home.

“She almost lost her life. She was on a respirator,” Ms Messina stated.

“They put her into a medically induced coma. Her fingers were black, her feet were black, and her bottom lip was black. She had complete sepsis, and her kidneys were failing,” she explained.

Ms. Messina Claims That Barajas Became Infected with Vibrio Vulnificus

Ms Messina claims that Barajas became infected with Vibrio vulnificus, some potentially fatal bacteria typically found in raw seafood and saltwater. This emphasizes how vital it is to correctly prepare and handle seafood in order to avoid such serious health hazards.

“The ways you can get infected with this bacteria are, one, you can eat something that’s contaminated with it [and] the other way is by having a cut or tattoo exposed to water in which this bug lives,” UCSF Infectious Disease Expert Dr. Natasha Spottiswoode told KRON.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *